When the state government or a local council decide to construct or improve services, there is often a need for privately owned land to be taken so that the infrastructure can be built.
It is an unfortunate fact of life that if the government wants to take your land it can, however, you are certainly entitled to be compensated for your loss.
For most people, receiving notice that the government intends to take their land will be the first time they have faced such a situation. On the other hand, for the government department this situation is just another day at the office.
At MRH we have the experience to level the playing field and will ensure that your rights are respected and that you receive your due compensation.
We have acted for clients who have had land resumed for railways, highways, flood levee banks, electricity transmission lines, sewerage pump stations, and all other manner of public infrastructure.
- are experienced professionals who will explain carefully and thoroughly the resumption process and your entitlements
- understand the law and take the time and care to ensure that you receive your due compensation
- understand how government departments think and negotiate
- provide access to experienced and fully qualified lawyers at partner level
- have a team that is mindful of the potential costs to you and which works to maximise your entitlements and minimise your expenses without compromising the quality of service.