Foreign Investment in Australia

Buying residential or investment property in Australia can be quite complex, as the rules change regularly, and you may need to obtain Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) approval.

We provide assistance and advice to foreign investors regarding all matters ranging from investing in agricultural land, to investment/residential and business purchases in Australia.

The FIRB oversees the following categories in real estate property for which you might need their approval:

  • Residential real estate (principal home);
  • Residential Investment Property;
  • Commercial Investment Property;
  • Rural/Agricultural land;
  • Accommodation facilities (which can include hotels, motels, hostels and serviced apartments); and
  • Urban land corporations/trusts.